Course Length: 8 hours
The EM 385-1-1 Fall Protection End User course provides 8 hours of training based on requirements found in the 2014 Edition of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Safety and Health Requirements Manual EM 385-1-1. Compliance with EM 385-1-1 guidelines affects all contractors working on government contracts. All contractors and employees subject to the provisions of EM 385-1-1 must follow the safety, health and environmental regulations that are located in the EM 385-1-1 safety manual. Contractors must also follow Federal OSHA, ANSI, NEC and other regulatory standards, as required.
This course is designed for contractors who preform work on military installations; Students will gain a thorough understanding of how to recognize fall hazards and take corrective action according to the governing body (EM 385-1-1, DON Fall Protection Guide). NWOT’s Fall Protection End Course is an intensive program that covers the use, selection and installation of conventional and non-conventional fall protection equipment. Each student will automatically be enrolled in our ONLINE annual 1 hour refresher course. This ensures our students will always be in compliance with their continuing educational credits required for their certification.
This course also addresses relevant fall protection regulations and fall hazard identification. These components, combined with the hands-on set-up of fall protection systems, instill a working knowledge of all the essential elements of a fall protection program. The course curriculum includes both classroom sessions and practical hands-on exercises. Written and practical tests are administered to ensure that students understand the principles presented. Meets standards: OSHA CFR 29 1926.500 / Subpart M, ANSI Z359-2007, and EM385-1-1. “Note: Participants in this class must be able to speak, read, and write in English in a proficient manner. If they are not able, they may not successfully complete the class, and Cannon Companies and the instructor take no responsibility for in-completion.”
Each student will receive a laminated wallet card, certificate, and a free pair of mandatory trauma straps; as required per EM 385-1-1.
The course topics include:
- Fundamentals of Fall Protection
- Anchorage Requirements
- Energy Absorbing Lanyards
- Function and Purpose of Energy Absorbers
- Fall Protection Hardware Compatibility
- Work Positioning Systems
- Inspecting Fall Protection Systems
- Installing Fall Protection Systems
- Calculating Required Clearances
- Selecting Fall Protection System Components
- Hierarchy of Fall Protection
- Conventional Fall Protection (Guarding Systems)
- Installation and use of trauma-strap hardware
- Standards and Regulations Affecting the Fall Protection Industry
- Recognizing and Identifying Fall Hazards
- Common Commercially Available Fall Arrest Systems
- Donning a Full Body Harness
- Self-Retracting Lifelines
- Vertical Lifelines
- Horizontal Lifelines
- Engineered Horizontal Lifelines
- Fall Protection Plans and Fall Protection Procedures
- Detailed Inspection, Care and Maintenance
- Fall Arrest and Restraint Systems
- Fall Protection Regulations (OSHA) and Fall Protection Standards (ANSI)
- Arc-Flash Fall Protection Awareness as per NFPA 70E
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Contact Cade for our current Fall Protection Training schedule, prices, and group rates.
Fill out the form below or call (253) 922-2787