Manchester Fuel Depot
Cannon Companies provided a new SF-6 motorized switch when tied into the incoming power from the utility managed the entire distribution system for the base tying together another five way switch and three transformers along with the four main circuits that branched out to feed the base , from the three new transformers we installed a new set of raceways to feed the main panel and several sub panels in building 12.
All of the raceways were built using rigid conduit overhead using about 4000 feet of conduit that first came from the transformers into 800,600 and 400 amp disconnects that we installed per contract to provide a safe easy way to manage their system.
One of the main challenges of this project was getting all the systems to work together with the back up generator in event of utility power loss to back feed the entire base and keep it running at normal operating levels. The other main challenge was working in a fueling area where the atmosphere was consider hazardous and energized at most all times providing unique challenges on a daily basis.
- Provide and build a new incoming distribution system
- Re build and update the inner electrical system for building 12 the main pump building for pier fueling operations
- Bring up to date and code building 12 as a class 1 Div 2 location
- Provide and install new generator switch gear
- Demo of existing interior and exterior switch houses and transformers duct banks and existing interior raceways along with removal of existing generator switch gear