Course Length: 4 hours
Employees who are exposed to hazardous chemicals and/or materials in their workplace are required to receive OSHA Hazard Communication training and GHS training. These materials can include, but are not limited to: solvents, cleaners, caustics, flammables, and toxic materials.
If you are an employee who works with OR around chemicals, you need OSHA Hazard Communication training and GHS training. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazard Communication (Hazcom) Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) also known as the “Right-To-Know” Rule went into effect in November 1985.
The purpose of OSHA Hazcom is to communicate the hazards associated with workplace chemicals to all employees. This course meets the requirements of 29 CFR, Part 1910.1200 for certification in OSHA Hazard Communication.
This half-day class will review the old standard and highlight the changes to the new GHS standard. When you leave the class you will know exactly what to change at your place of business.
- Understanding of what constitutes a hazardous substance and the risks and hazards associated with them.
- Recognize the presence of the hazardous materials used in the workplace.
- Knowledge of the use of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), GHS pictograms and labeling, NFPA labeling, DOT labels/placards, and other chemical labeling used at the site in working safely around chemical hazards found in the workplace.
- Routes of entry for hazardous materials to enter the body, and of the effects that the specific chemical found at the site might have on people, property, or the environment.
- Proper workplace procedures to follow for the safe handling and use of chemicals including proper storage techniques, use of personal protective equipment, engineering controls, and spill containment/cleanup materials.
OSHA Standards: This course meets the following OSHA standards:
- 29 CFR 1910.1200 – Hazard Communication
- OSH Act of 1970 General Duty Clause 5(a)(1)
- The Hazard Communication Standard is now aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
Contact Cade for our current class schedule, prices, and group rates.
Fill out the form below or call (253) 922-2787