Course Length: 4 hours
Forklift Operator Course takes all of the information covered in our Forklift Safety Course, and expands on it to include knowledge and training on the duties and responsibilities of the competent person working on job sites with forklift activities.
With this Forklift Operator Certification, you are helping your employer to satisfy this requirement, while making yourself a more valuable member of your team.
This course has been developed directly from the OSHA standard for forklift safety – 29 CFR 1910.178. It includes training for those individuals operating fork trucks, platform lift trucks, motorized hand trucks, and other specialized industrial trucks powered by electric motors or internal combustion engines.
The course topics include:
- Safe Forklift Operating procedures as per manufacturers recommendations
- Capacity requirements
- Minimum Safe Approach Distance to power lines
- Load charts and capacity charts
- Overhead clearances
- Full function hands-on test
- Written exam
- Pre-shift inspection
- Emergency procedures
OSHA Standards: This course meets the following OSHA standards:
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926.602 – Material Handling Equipment
- ASME/ANSI B56.1-2020 – Safety Standard for Low and High Lift Trucks
Contact Cade for our current Forklift Training schedule, prices, and group rates.
Fill out the form below or call (253) 922-2787