Course Length: 4 hours
This class will equip students with the Excavation Trenching & Shoring Training as required by WAC 296-155-650. The training shall cover competent person requirements, inspection requirements, access and egress requirements, the difference between a trench and an excavation, protective systems and their uses, soils testing requirements, soil types and hazards associated with excavations and trenching.
Participants will have the opportunity to assess various scenarios and come up with solutions to protect the worker. This seminar is intended to provide classroom instruction using real life examples on the hazard recognition and control for conditions that are unsafe, unsanitary or dangerous to employees exposed to work in trenches and excavations. Attendees will be trained to be proficient in three areas; General requirements of the WAC standard Part N (Trenching, Excavation and Shoring), Soil Classification, and Protective Systems.
Excavation Trenching & Shoring Training participants will be given a test at the end of the class and, upon completion, will receive wallet cards showing they have successfully completed the class.
The course topics include:
- Benching, sloping, shielding and shoring requirements
- Soil type identification and reclassification requirements
- Contaminated soils
- Water accumulation
- Emergency procedures
- Competent person
- Daily inspection requirements
OSHA Standards: This course meets the following OSHA standards:
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P
- 29 CFR 1926.650-Scope, Application, and definitions
- 29 CFR 1926.651- Specific Excavation Requirements
- 29 CFR 1926.652- Requirements for protective systems
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P App A- Soil Classification
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P App B- Sloping and Benching
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P App C- Timber Shoring for Trenches
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P App D- Aluminum Hydraulic Shoring for Trenches
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P App E- Alternatives to Timber Shoring
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P App F- Selection of Protective Systems
- 29 CFR 1926.20, General Safety and Health Provisions, training
- 29 CFR 1926.21, Training and Education
Contact Cade for our current Excavation Trenching & Shoring Training schedule, prices, and group rates.
Fill out the form below or call (253) 922-2787